free2cycle Ambassador Alex Dowsett was among our team launching a new partnership with banking and asset management group Investec, earlier this week. The commonwealth gold medallist rider told staff about his own cycling story, before focusing on the wider benefits of getting on a bike
Alex said, ‘Riding is something everyone can enjoy, whether it’s for fun, fitness or getting to work. It’s so great to see what Investec is doing to help more of their staff think about cycling as a way of getting around.’”
Investec was launching ‘Be’, its new wellbeing offer for staff, of which free2cycle is part.
free2cycle CEO Eric Craig said, “Investec’s out of the ordinary approach aligns with our innovative way to improve the wellbeing of people and the planet, we are proud to be one of the key health and wellbeing offerings that are open to their team as part of their Be programme. Investec’s commitment to wellbeing is clear in all the facilities and support they provide for their team.”
Thanks to Investec support, their teams can now take up the free2cycle offer. All they need to do is make a mileage pledge, select a great new bike and get riding. If they meet their pledge, the bike won’t cost them a penny.
free2cycle are passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of people and the planet. Our partnership approach is simple, innovative and effective. Here’s how it works:
• Team members take responsibility by offering a weekly mileage pledge.
• Based on their pledge free2cycle calculate the value of the bike they can choose. The higher the pledge, the higher the bike value we can offer.
• Organisations contribute towards active behaviour based on the miles team members ride.
• In return for encouraging their team to ride, organisations earn a healthy return and quantifiable environmental savings.
• Team members benefit from improved wellbeing and earn a bike by riding it rather than paying for it.
• Our environment is improved and enjoyed by active people) making cleaner, quicker and more pleasurable journeys.
With quantified environmental benefits and a healthy return to organisations and people earning their bike by riding it rather than paying for it, it makes sense for everyone. We love to work with like-minded organisations, as #togetherwecandomore.
Click here to find out more and introduce your organisation.
Over the two days the free2cycle team spent at Investec, hundreds of great conversations were had with new, casual and keen cyclists. Bikes are already on order, with lots more in the pipeline - exciting times lay ahead together.